Looking at Puerto Vallarta Jalisco maybe five miles south.

On this blogger site one can click on all pictures except for the header above two times each time making them larger which is a feature I like because it gives you the ability to really look very close at all kinds of things not readily seen.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Unusual At The Very Least

Along the road I walk everyday I was in a drainage ditch where I was hoping to get a picture of a dragonfly. That has not happened yet nor did it this time. This place is old and find it interesting and it's for sale. A lot of things are for sale here.
A younger guy rode up and parked. He saw I was taking pictures and led me to the back of the house where there was water running and a small pool. There were a few larger fish and a good size crab as well.
So I was just hanging around when I saw something flying at me. It was the most unusual thing and very hard to make out as it was not small. At times you could not follow it not because it was fast either. It never landed.

Here is the video and you can get an idea of what I mean. You have to look very close and at first it's higher up and in front of the tree. There are a couple places where you can see it fairly well. I can't slow this video down but when I get home I will.

I never knew for sure where this was at. Like in the video if you can see it I could but other than that I was just watching for it. I'm going back down there. There was another fairly unusual thing that happened as well but the video did not capture like I thought it would. Glad I saw this!

I just looked at my pictures from this and got lucky and did get a picture of this and it appears to be a type of dragonfly. This is zoomed in on a bunch but you can tell.
I do not remember seeing anything quite like this before.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like some kind of a dragonfly to me. Love that house...and a small pond and falls in the back yard? wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about yard work. You get it here if you want it or not. There is soooo much debris falling from the trees. There was just a very small path down to this is all. To keep it clean around this would be very hard TMoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummmmmmmm Teresa might be on to something!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are supposed to have them smaller than this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does indeed look like a dragon fly, now you have a challenge to go get a better shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Franck has been here 30 years and has seen one of these at the most two times. I've stopped back three times now and I believe all my luck happened the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One Fly -- Hey, I got out my dragonfly guide. Although your photo is difficult to see the stranger clearly -- the wings are shaped like dragonfly wings. Also, the wings are spotted which is usual. Although, I have not seen yellow spotted dragonfly wings this is not saying much. Anyway, this is how I see your stranger. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Barbara. My reasons for coming here and the experiences I've had are probably different than most. This and other things I've come across in the very limited world I chose here have been pretty cool all in all. If you keep your eyes open you will see things others do not and being on foot all the time helps in that respect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look like a dragonfly, very cool sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I see it! Great capture of the flitty little guy! I was able to get a shot of a big orange dragon fly in my backyard when I lived in Vegas. It came out blurry but I was pretty proud of it!!

    Have a fabulous day!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! It must be a type of dragonfly. For some reason you posts are not showing up in my email...grrrr.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...